Subject: Re: Digitizing Video With Par
From: Eric Cosky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 10:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 Jun 1994, Dale R Rogers wrote:

> |
> |Without the signal phase adjustment, the PAR input to the Toaster is slightly
> |off from the TBC's input (for my cabling, anyways) and the colors are incorrect.
> |
> |I've been successful at creating ARexx scripts to sequence framestores transitioning
> |to different PAR animations. Now all I have to do is get a way to reliably sync
> |the Studio 16 (AD516, Sunrize Industries) samples with PAR animations, and I will
> |have a functional way to assemble videos straight off the hard drives.
> 
> 	I have a PAR and the Studio 16 (AD516) as well.  What sync
> 	problems are you having?  I have not tried to use them
> 	together just yet; but that is the reason for my getting them.
> 
> 	Dale
> 
>         ____________________________^____________________________
>         dale r. rogers
> 
>         Intergraph Corporation
>         Building Design & Management             MailStop: LR24A3
>         [email-masked]        Tel: (205) 730-8294
>                                     .

My configuration is (perhaps) a little unusual. I have two Amigas on the desk,
one of them I use for video and the other for audio. The video box has the PAR,
TBC-IV, and the Toaster. The audio box has the Studio 16/AD516. 

The idea is to play video from the PAR into the Toaster and transition to a
Framestore right before the end of each PAR anim, providing continuous
glitch-free video. The AD516 is on the other computer because I don't have the
Toaster module for it to allow it to function during Toaster transitions
(basically more memory or something for the board, I think). Even if I did have
the Toaster module, I'm pretty sure the disk access from reading Framestores
would interfere with the reading of the audio from disk. So now the PAR and the
AD516 are on different machines.

In order to digitize audio at the same time as video, both machines need to be
ready to digitize and waiting for a GPI. I have a FutureVideo 3300 edit
controller which has two external GPI connections, and I should be able to use
it to trigger the digitizing and playback.

The last major stumbling block here is the connection between the computers and
the mechanism to do all this automatically. I just got AmiTCP/IP going
(finally) and I think that it will work well for the connection. Now I just need
to be able to send instructions to the remote ARexx port. Almost there..

-Eric Cosky